Sunday, April 29, 2012

Galatians 1:11-24


Open in Prayer

Explore the Passage

Read the Passage.  Paraphrase the text together, verse by verse.  

1. What is the tone of this passage?

2. This passage focuses heavily on Paul’s personal testimony.  The main contrast is his life before Christ and after Christ.  What can we learn about the following? (Use Acts 8:3, Acts 22:3-5, Philippians 3:4-9, 2 Cor. 11:23-33)

Paul’s Life Before Christ Paul’s Life After Christ















Galatians 1:15-16

“But when he who had set me apart before I was born, and who called me by his grace, was pleased to reveal his Son to me, in order that I might preach him among the Gentiles, I did not immediately consult with anyone…” (Gal 1:15-16)

Think about Paul’s testimony as we read what he wrote in the following letters:
1 Corinthians 15:9-10:  “For I am the least of the apostles, unworthy to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain. On the contrary, I worked harder than any of them, though it was not I, but the grace of God that is with me.”
2 Timothy 1:9:  “…who saved us and called us to a holy calling, not because of our works but because of his own purpose and grace, which he gave us in Christ Jesus before the ages began.”


Reflection and Share Time

What are 5 ways your life would be different without Jesus? If you are comfortable, when we share please share a couple of these with the group.






















After share time, take some time together to thank God in prayer and sing a hymn of praise together.



3. Summarize this passage in a few sentences.





4. What do you think is the big idea or main point of this passage?  Write it out below.






No comments:

Post a Comment