Sunday, May 6, 2012

Fear of Rejection Test

Always (1)      Very Often (2)     Often (3)    Sometimes (4)     Seldom (5)    Very Seldom (6)    Never (7)   

_____ 1.  I avoid certain people.
_____ 2. When I sense that someone might reject me, I become nervous and anxious.
_____ 3.  I am uncomfortable around those who are different from me.
_____ 4.  It bothers me when someone is unfriendly to me.
_____ 5.  I am basically shy and unsocial.
_____ 6.  I am critical of others.
_____ 7.  I find myself trying to impress others.
_____ 8.  I become depressed when someone criticizes me.
_____ 9.  I always try to determine what other people think of me.
_____ 10. I don’t understand people and what motivates them.

_____ Total



If your score is:

57-70:  God has apparently given you a very strong appreciation for His love and unconditional acceptance.  You seem to be freed from the fear of rejection that plagues most people.  (Some people who score this high either are greatly deceived of have become callous to their emotions as a way to suppress pain.)

47-54:  The fear of rejection controls your response rarely or only in certain situations.  Again, the only major exceptions are those who are not honest with themselves. 

37-46:  When you experience emotional problems, they may relation to a sense of rejection.  Upon reflection, you will probably relation many of your previous decision to this fear.  Many of your future decision will also be affected by the fear of rejection unless you take direct action to overcome it. 

27-36:  The fear of rejection forms a general backdrop to your life.  There are probably few days that you are not affected in some way by this fear.  Unfortunately, this robs you of the joy and peace your salvation is meant to bring.

0-26:  Experiences of rejection dominate your memory and have probably resulted in a great deal of depression.  These problems will remain until some definitive action is taken.  In other words, this condition will not simply disappear; time alone cannot heal your pain.  You need to experience deep healing in your self-concept, in your relationship with God, and in you relationships with others. 

-taken from The Search for Significance by Robert McGee

No comments:

Post a Comment